Chia seed bircher muesli with apple and raspberry compote
AKA overnight oats, I make this in jars for a grab-and-go breakfast. Chia seed gives a creamier texture and boosts the protein content but replace it with more oats if you prefer. Change the fruit with the seasons: cubes of mango are lovely, too. Makes two, calories per serving 324
- 1 apple
- 50g porridge oats
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 150ml semi-skimmed milk
- 100g Greek style yogurt
- 100g frozen raspberries
- 1 tsp poppy seeds
- 2 tsp honey
- Step 1 Grate the apple (skin, core and all), into a bowl. Mix in the oats, chia seeds, cinnamon and milk.
- Step 2 Divide half the mixture between two jars.
- Step 3 Top with half of the yogurt and raspberries.
- Step 4 Spoon the rest of the mixture into the jars and top with the last of the yogurt and raspberries, plus a sprinkle of poppy seeds and trickle of honey.
- Step 5 Put lids on the jars and store in the fridge overnight or up to three days.